Thursday, July 3, 2008

About time for another post

First, I must apologise for my slackness in not posting a message for a couple of weeks. I have been doing exams and also started working again. Good news is that the exams are over (well, for 5 months anyway) and that I have a part-time job.

Here are some cards I have done over the last couple of weeks. They all involved embossing.
Supplies -
Stamp set: Fishy Friends, Life's a Breeze (for the bubbles)
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, SU Designer Paper (Spring)
Ink: Versamark, Certainly Celery (for sponging)
Accessories: Corner rounder (for scallops), Brocade Blue wide grosgrain ribbon, heat tool, black embossing powder, embossing buddy, sponge, glue dots, markers.

This next one was for dd4's birthday, she is now dd5. She is a girly girl and loves pink! I stamped the cake on Whisper White offcut and embossed it, then cut it out and stuck it on with dimensionals. Supplies -

Stamp set: Pretty Princess, Simply Said (for love hearts)

Cardstock: Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White

Ink: Versamark, Pixie Pink (for sponging)

Accessories: Heat tool, silver embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds (glitter), markers, dimensionals, Whisper White and Pretty in Pink narrow grosgrain ribbon, Pink gingham ribbon

This card was for ds10, who turned ds11. Yes, all 3 of my darling children's birthdays are very close together (planned that well didn't I! Not!). This card involved embossing first and then braying. I put a little bit of cord hanging off the end of the surfboard, which is supposed to resemble the foot rope (terminology??). Supplies -

Stamp set: Surf's Up, Big Deal Alphabet (I used the "L" for number "1" x 2), Scribble Alphabet (retired)

Cardstock: Glossy White

Ink: Versamark, Kaleidascope pad (retired)

Accessories: Heat tool, black and white embossing powder, brayer, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals, gold cord (retired).

3 comments:

Christine said...

I love your DD card, its perfect & stunning. You did a great job. And good luck with your job.

Leanne Saunders said...

Thanks Christine! I really enjoyed the CM 12 hour crop last weekend. I will post some photos shortly.

Tracy said...

Love both cards, but being a girly girl myself, love the one you did for your daughter best :) bling is good! Life has been busy for me too so can appreciate how hard it would be for you to keep up a blog as well as having a part time job and studying - boy how you find the time I dont know???