Monday, April 14, 2008

Stampin' Up! Convention in Brisbane

Well I had such an exciting weekend. It was truly one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I went to the Stampin' Up! Australia Convention in Brisbane on Friday and Saturday. I learnt soooo much, some of which I would love to pass on to you. I was so excited for my talented and lovely upline, Yvonne Campbell, who won Number 15 Demonstrator in all of Australia, out of 1,458 demonstrators! What an achievement. I would urge anybody to check out Yvonne's blog (see link) and you will see the talent I refer to. It was so deserved. Here is a photo of Yvonne with the flowers and prizes she received. Well done Yvonne! I feel so lucky to have you as my upline!
On Friday morning we all received 2 free stamp sets, a lovely bag and some other small freebies. We got to make some cards and a scrapbook page with the freebies (pictured above). We were shown lots of fantastic techniques. Yvonne presented one of the sessions, which she of course did brilliantly (despite her nerves!).

I met so many lovely ladies on the weekend at the Convention from all over Australia and New Zealand, thank you to everyone, but especially Yvonne Campbell, Sharon Dale (sorry if I snored!) and Claire Daly.


2 comments:

janedoe said...

It was such a blast wasn't it! What a great company to work for and what gorgeous and talented people we have to share ideas and experiences with. Your snoring did not bother me at all but I'm sure you won't want to share with me ever again after my regular bathroom visits! hee heee :) And I just love Yvonne so much and can't believe she ranked so high in her first year with Stampin' Up. She deserves every little bit of recognition as she is such an amazing upline for us both to have! Congrats Yvonne!!

yvonne said...

Leanne I had such a wonderful time in Brisbane and am so glad I got to share it with you, Sharon and so many others. Thank you for your wonderful words, well done on the blog, can't wait to see your creations!